Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Broken Toe

Yesterday I realized if Penny and I lived near each other, it might be hazzardous to our healths because I might bust a gut laughing or we'd laugh ourselves sick - if that were possible.

This morning I KNOW I really broke my little toe this time. As I was walking back into our bedroom from my morning shower, my left pinkie struck the clothes rack! I heard it pop like a pop gun. I didn't scream bloody murder which would have scared Rhett awake. I fell on the bed in pain, but didn't really cry. It was more like dry-heaved tears without the waterworks. Even in my pain, I arose and hobbled around to finish dressing. I called work & told them I would be a little late because I'd broken my toe. Once at work, I waited for the prison nurse to take a gander at my throbbing nub. He was not sure if was broken and the only way to find out is an x-ray which would require going to my regular dr. He gave me several packets of Alleve, tape to wrap it up with and a muscle cream for later tonight. Just one of the good perks of working in a prison. It really, really, really hurts! I KNOW I really broke it this time because of the way it felt when I did it, the sound of it popping, the constant pain, the way the toe itself felt when I touched it, felt it, etc. But I will survive as always.... It is just a broken toe. It could be a lot worse. I am just thankful it is not a deadly disease.

The supervisor is up to her old sicknesses games again. Here I sit at work with my broken toe propped up on my desk. I don't think the tape is tight enough. I took 3 Alleve and it is not throbbing and hurting like it was earlier - thank goodness. I am thankful the pain has subsided. Still I called my dr. I am waiting to hear back from them if they can at least x-ray it and give me something for pain.

Rhett even called to check on me because he was worried about me. Awe. He's such a sweet son. I think I'll keep him. Of course he had to tell me he received a Lego magazine at his grandma's too.

Quote of the Day:

Eat a live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day. -Unknown-

No comments: