Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Found Niche

Yesterday I wrote in my Gratitude journal again for the first time in awhile. It had been almost a month since my last entry in it; almost a month since my last confession, Father. All my words have been on this blog.

Last Friday I saw a small greeting card of a bird of paradise flower which reminded me of my friend Jimmy because he gave me a real bird of paradise flower when worked at JCPenney's so had to send him the card. I called him to ask for the street number of his new house. It was good talking to him as always if only for a little while. That's all life is... is little whiles; small moments that add up to a full life. (You may quote me on that one!) That was my good deed for the day or perhaps the week.

Friday nite I (Shock!) was in the mood for CiCi's pizza especially the cinnamon roll desert pizza! Which is why I am getting so much bigger. I got CiCi's confused with Stevie B's fund raiser for Chloe Shiver. Oh, well...

Saturday Rhett had a neat birthday party he and I attended. Later we all had watermelon at mom's when Don got home from the woods. While waiting on Don to come home, I worked more on the collage for the Mays/Endfinger/Fountain family. Once again every piece was falling into place. Of course I had to take some Alleve just to get the muscles in my back to stop hurting and relax them.

Sunday I caught up on emails. Still enjoying receiving and emailing Darryl about our school days from Jr high through high school.

Friday's Quote of the Day:

If you should put even a little on a little
and you should do this often, soon this would become BIG.
-Hesiod-

Yesterday, Monday, July 16th, I had a reply email from my friend Kevin because I told him I liked the above quote. It had reminded me of the collage I began at the artistic day I conducted at church. Kevin asked how it went & the kid's ages. He said he doesn't know how I do it all. Well, I let my house go. We ate out and I probably went to bed early that night! LOL

I told him it was my artistic son, a very talented 8 year old girl from Rhett's Sunday school class who blows me away with her ideas outside the box, a 14 year old equally artisitic girl and her mom who helped on the project. I told him how I learned NOT to make a project SO BIG next time!And I learned to let go of some of my beautiful pieces of paper to share, not hoard.

Everything is connected now. We just have to fill in the blank spaces. I hope to do more of these in the future...; make one for the church, etc., only on a smaller scale. I can get a canvas from Big Lots for the next one.... I think I have finally found my niche in life. When you find something you really enjoy in life, you make time for it. You don't clean house.

This coming Saturday is our granddaughter Tatum's 10th birthday. Penny and her family will be here later that evening. Maybe the next Saturday, I can have another artistic session... one called "The Fill-in" so we can fill in all the blank spaces before the family leaves for South Carolina. Closer to the fall, I want to make napkin holders with fall colored buttons. That should be fun, easy and quick for the kids. They can use them at either Halloween or Thanksgiving. Black and orange buttons should look really good. At this rate, we will have on napkin holders for all seasons!

On the way home from work, I got another great idea.... Take a index card holder like you'd use to hold recipe cards. Use colored index cards to write "Dear God" letter on them like this:

Dear God,
Today I am thankful for my friends.
Thank You for giving them to me.
love, Becky

or...

Dear God,
Thank You for my mind.
May I always have it.
Thank You for the many great ideas I had today.
May I use them to Your service. Amen.
~Becky~

or...

Dear God,
Thank You for ALL my abilities like my ability to read words.
Thank You for all my gifts especially my gift of writing words
as well as all my artistic abilities; my ability to draw;
to create things and share with others.
~Becky~

It will be interesting to let Rhett try this also. Then go back in a month or a year later, re-read them and perhaps add more. This way we are thanking God for everything good that happened to us on that day, week, etc. I'll pass the box on to him when he becomes an adult, gets married or becomes a father. Maybe it will become a new family tradition he'll pass on to this children someday...

No comments: