Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Artistic Day, The Collage, All the Pieces

Well, my Artistic Day went well on Saturday, 7/7/07. Savannah was there waiting on Rhett and I to arrive. I'd brought these glow in the dark objects they could trace such as a frog, hearts, stars, peace symbols and half moons. Then Nancy and Tiffany showed up. I cut a too LARGE piece of poster board from the huge roll we now have at church. Nancy and I started going through my "magic box" of scraps while the kids were creating their own little masterpieces for the collage poster we were going to make for the Mays/Endfinger/Fountain family who will be moving to South Carolina soon. It took us awhile to get through ALL in my box. Its funny how our tastes vary; her's and mine. I told Nancy I was very picky about the placement of pieces; that I wanted the colors to match.

The kids finished up before we did and were a bit bored. Rhett & Savannah went off to play hide and seek. I'd place a few pieces at a time on the board. I'd started two corners; one at the top right and bottom right and in the middle. We glued two things from Rhett & Savannah. The preacher & his wife came to show us pictures of their new grandson, Joseph. Larry said he appreciated and admired me for what I was doing. I told him I was in my element. He knew that. I think I intimidated Nancy somewhat because all the pieces where coming together for me. Larry also said I would be good at mosaics which I have never attempted yet. It made me feel good.

Nancy began a blue section in the top left hand corner and add some pinks below it. Mine was bigger than her's. When we got home, I asked Don if he could tell which ones Nancy did and which ones I did. He could tell.

We stayed til almost five pm. We'd had nothing to eat all day. Won't do that part again, but we will do the artwork and stop to eat next time! I had a bill to pay. I called Don who was watching a Steven Segal movie. Should have just got Rhett & I something to eat instead of wait on him to finish his movie & take a quick shower! Then he didn't want to go where I wanted to eat. We went to Chili's which is not my favorite place. We were told it would be a 20 minute wait which turned into 30 with a table sitting empty the entire time. The booths over by the bar were 1st available. By then even Don was upset. We'd been looking at menus so we knew what we wanted to order & save time. I think I'd waited too long to eat. At least Don had leftovers to take to work next week.

I was tired so I didn't work on the collage that night. I played Book worm on Rhett's bed.

Sunday, the next morning was dinner at church. I had 3 spoons of Mrs. June's best-ever green beans, some fresh tomatoes and good cornbread. Kate made me feel good when she, Theopal and Doris sat with us. Kate said he daughter or daughter-in-law were really impressed with me and all of us who went to 6 Flags. She said how the others made her feel welcome and it was as if she had known me all her life. Then I told the ladies about what we did on Saturday. Kate said she admired me for doing that. Theopal had seen another one of my collages firsthand when I made one for another family that moved to Germany. I think she wanted me to make her one too.

Larry had given us a sack of tomatoes to take home. After church, I worked on the collage until time to go back to church. We'd placed the pieces we were going to use in a sack. I now call it the "magic sack" because every time I pulled a piece of paper out of it, it fit PERFECTLY; it was a perfect match. Then it became the 3rd one I pulled out that was the perfect fit. I love it when that happens. It always makes me feel good... like it was meant to be; that this is what I am supposed to be doing at this moment in time and place. It was sort of weird too.

I stayed on the floor far too long. Almost got my back & bladder out of whack. Rhett laughed at me because I acted like an old lady who couldn't straighten up when I got up. I told Nancy about how all the pieces fit after the evening service. Daniel told me how much he appreciated what I did Saturday.

When we got back home, Rhett had to have a tomato sandwich so I fixed me one too. Two of the tomatoes had busted so I knew I had to fix those first. Don is weird. He will not eat a tomato sandwich. I had tasted them first to see if they were ok to eat. I told him how good they were and he looked at them in the bowl. He ate two slices which Rhett was going to eat afterwards. I had to cut another tomato for Rhett. He wanted another one later that night, but I wouldn't fix it.

I worked on the collage again. I couldn't believe it was already 10 pm when the "Dead Zone" came on tv. I stayed up til 1 am working on it! Man, was I tired the next day!

No comments: