Thursday, May 17, 2007

Word for the Day "Vacation"

Today I was asked, "What is the word for the day?" I had to think about it for a minute... then I thought we are leaving for Indiana at midnight tonight so it would be "Vacation." I am not happy about leaving at that hour. I told Don as soon as it came out of his mouth that he could go by himself. Fine. It reminded me of "Moonlighting" with Cybill Sheppard & Bruce Willis. It was one of my favorite shows back then. Ah, memories.

Then a few days later he had the nerve to say we were taking a bucket with us because he wasn't stopping. And me with bladder problems. He thought that was really funny. I did not find it amusing. I guess I take him way too seriously. It is a miracle that my glasses didn't shatter with the look I gave him. I told him he'd be wearing that bucket. Just didn't say if it would be empty or not!

Today is Helen, my mother-in-law's birthday. Tomorrow is Don's & Saturday's is Rhett's 9th birthday. We will be celebrating them all at once on Saturday. Hope it turns out ok. Hope Rhett will be happy.

Got a lot of stuff done. Still have more to do... pack when we get home while Don sleeps. Thinking of turning the power off so the alarm won't go off but he'll probably get up @ 11 just as I will be ready to hit the bed. Just once I wish he'd say, "Honey, let's leave at 4 am so you can get some rest." Yeah, right. In my dreams. I am going to start taking the day before we leave off from now on...

Quotes of the day:

Thought this one was appropiate for today... It came from my friend Anne.

No one ever died wishing they'd spent more time at the office. -Unknown-

Be careful of the choices you make, they're your's forever. -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

... figure out what you hope for... don't admire it from a distance, but live right in it, and under its roof.
~Barbara Kinsolver~

Once you've promised to do something, never complain about the difficulty in doing it.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

No comments: