Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Best Mother's Day Present Ever

Can't believe I haven't been on here is this long... Had a great Mother's Day. I kept hearing Don & Rhett talking & whispering in the dining room as I was getting ready. Rhett said he needed my keys to go get something he made for me, but left in my car so I gave him my keys. "By myself?" he asked. I was putting on my face in the bathroom when he told me, "Happy Mother's Day" and handed me the most wonderful thing I have ever seen. It was a cd case with his picture taken at school and the background cut out. He did the background on blue construction paper sort of like a scrapbook page. He added two orange flowers. There was a string of tacky orange beads like I had as a child hot glued to the to top to form a string so you could hang it. Of course the blue and orange worked. I almost cried when I saw it. I said, "Oh that is so pretty and hugged him. Later I hugged him again and told him it was The Best Mother's Day Gift I've ever received. Of course mom wanted one too when she saw it.

I picked to go to Logan's for lunch. It wasn't as good as the last time Don & I had a date there. They gave mom hot buffalo fingers instead of chicken strips. So she wasn't real happy with her meal but didn't send it back.

I took Rhett's gift back to church so everyone could see it. All the ladies oohed & awed over it. Most of them teach classes so I am sure it gave them an idea...

Quotes of the day:

Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to our own.
-Robert Heinlein, science fiction writer

Remember, nothing important is easy. -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

No comments: