Monday, May 7, 2007

One Xtreme to the other

I am so very thankful this has been another good Monday. Its about the 4th one in a row.

Today I have been a good little girl... we received a free movie pass for Employee Appreciation week. The warden handed it to us. Then the dep. warden came to give us another one an hour later. I told him the warden had already given us one so he took it back. The lady that calls herself a preacher was shushing me because she wanted to get another free one. I would have felt bad it some of the other officers had not received one of them and told her so.

No drama going on today - thank goodness. BUT I have Rush Limbaugh blarring out of one office and black gospel dispelled in the open area across from my desk. I am out in the open so there is no escaping it. Its times like this, I wish I had my own office so I could close the door, but alas I have no doors. I am an open book so to speak. In the past, I tried the ear plugs they use for the firing range, but they don't work. They are a big, bulky pain in the ear!! I will be batty by the end of the day! A part of me wants to pull out my Rolling Stones cd and play "Sympathy for the Devil". I keep hoping against hope that the radio will suddenly go on the fritz and the cd will just stop playing. If it did, I'd think I was in the "Twillight Zone" or just became "Carrie"! It could be worse... but I certainly hope not. At least I still have my sense of humor.

All is quiet now on the working front. So...

Quote of the day:

Today I am thankful for peace and quiet.
~Becky Bristow Voyles~

No comments: