Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend thoughts...

1/26/07 Today I am grateful... for my warm home and clothes on this cold 31 degree day. I am grateful... my car is running fairly well because I saw someone broken down on the way to work this morning. I was grateful... it wasn't me stranded there in the cold.

I need one of those sticky pads you attach to your dashboard so I can jot things down as I see them while driving. I am grateful... my memory is working and I can remember what I have seen lately. Like the big purple car that has 2 balls in some sort of stretchy material hanging down from the bagck of their tag. It looks like purple testicles! Then one of the coolest cars I have seen is a Cool Whip car. It is the blue color on a tub of cool whip; has the logo on the side of it, & an actual cool whip tub hanging from it's back tag. What will they think of next?

Today was Have Fun at Work Day. How did you have fun at work?

Today I am baby blue. I am most grateful for Susannah of Ink on My Fingers and her blog. Her lastest entry "Echoes from the Past" inspired me beyond even my belief. First, I commented back on her blog how I saw the "Tilly" character she created from old photographs she discovered. Then I felt the need to add more than my 2 cents worth about how important it is to scrapbook and journal, "To tell your own tale of your life." Then I posted a 3rd & a 4th comment! By then I began my own story entitled "Tilly's Tale" the words just came pouring forth out of nowhere so strong, so intense, so much like yesterday when I was writing most of the time every day that I couldn't stop until I had to stop. Now I worry if my muse will return with the same intensity. Now I feel as if I really know Tilly. Is she me?

1/27/07 My story caused me to have a bad dream. I dreamt Don's ex-wife was back and wanted him back! Before I could fight for him in my dream, I woke myself up asking, "What am I going to do?" "Where am I going to go?" and in tears.

After that dream, I needed a huge hug. I needed comfort. I needed his reassurances, but he was in the woods hunting for the last time of this season. It made me think maybe I shouldn't finish the story if its going to have this effect on me... So I decide Rhett & I would take in a funny movie. We have been to the movies for the past 2 Saturdays. We are making it a tradition of Backyard Burgers and movies on Saturday afternoons to compensate for his father's hunting.

At Backyard Burgers, I got a kid's chicken basket instead of a burger. Sometimes you shouldn't try change. I should have stuck with a burger. When we got to the theatre, "Open Season" wasn't playing so we saw "Deck the Halls" with Danny Devito. It had its funny moments. Not THE best movie I've ever seen but ok.

Came home to wash dishes. The dishwasher is broken. It may cost more to repair it than to buy another one. May have to buy another one when we get out taxes back. Did I mention that I hate to wash dishes? While I was on my 2nd sinkful of dishes, Don called to say he would be home @ 8:45, "What's for supper?" "Leftover popcorn!" I did fix him soup and a grilled cheese.

1/28/07 Today was a really good day. We laughed a lot as a family. I didn't get mad or yell which was a record for me. I am grateful... for this one perfect Sunday. After a good lunch we went to my Aunt Pearl's & Uncle Bert's. Don is supposed to put them up a rail like he put up for my mom' back porch steps. We visited with them for awhile. Uncle Bert doesn't look so good to me. His eyes were all swollen. You can tell he has really gone downhill. He probably will have knee replacement surgery soon. We went thru old pictures. There was a really cute one of Rhett from my folk's 50th anniversary where he was giggling with his 2nd cousin Kirby, who is Aunt Pearl's granddaughter. There was an Olan Mills photo of Don & I from 1997 that I 'd forgotten about the pose. Don had hardly any gray hair. I had BIG hair. I completely forgot and left 2 different copies of pictures from the time Uncle R. F. was in town & my mom's family went to Ezell's Seafood.

It is sad when you turn into your 80's and you talk bout dying, what you want to be buried in and that people will visit you at the cemetary. But I didn't let their comments bring me down because I still have a husband who wants me, that still grabs me, still smooches with me in the kitchen. For that I am extremely grateful.

No comments: