Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Color

Okay. I am cooking with grease today! I FINALLY got back into this blog today. YEAH! I got into the right one where I was posting my infrequent poems. I have clearly marked my passwords this time so I can get back in again.

Yesterday I was able to comment on Ink on My Fingers blog about colors. She wore a yellow rain coat on a gray, rainy day and wrote about being a ray of sunshine to others. I asked her if my pink umbrella with the duck head with a pink beak counted because I'd used it that same day? It also made me realize how important color is in my life. How I have added it to my life as well as adding it others lives. I won't bore you with each time, each color and each tiny detail. But my friends know when their day has been brightened by me with perhaps the perfect card for the moment.

Maybe its the artist in me that I see things in certain colors and shades. Every color is a choice. Where would we be without color? Colorless, boring, shades of gray with no depth to us. Not thanks. Black is fine on some occasions but I need my pink!

And my colors have to match. That is one of my pet peeves, mismatched clothing! No checks with stripes together please! Although I do like patchwork but that is entirely different. I am no fashion police by any means. I still wear white and sandals after September. Shocking, I know but true.

I wear colors to fit my mood. Sometimes that mood needs a bit brightening, but not today -thank goodness. Upon pondering all this , I guess I am rather color conservative unless I am wearing fuschia and want to be seen. I have this one Liz Claiborne jacket that is THE brightest shade of fuschia you will ever see. It was rather expensive but worth it much like myself. I get more than my money's worth out of my clothes. Some of my clothes are older than my son!

Yesterday I was purple like an eggplant with matching socks! I'd gone to the dr to give blood samples. It turned colder than I'd dressed for so I stopped at Target to get something warmer to wear. Not just any color would do. I finally settled on the purple and was rather pleased with my inexpensive purchase of $7.77. Maybe I should have played the lottery...

Today I am beige, black, tan and gold floral. Tomorrow who knows...? Maybe I'll wear the fushia.

What color are you today? Did your color choice brighten someone's day? Were you a ray of sunshine for someone?

Quotes of the day:
The gift we bring is happiness. -Peter R. Stone-

The way in which a gift is given is worth more than the gift itself. -French proverb-

You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
-John Wooden-

You were not created to blend in, you were created to stand out. ~Alissa~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.pi7.ru/otnosheniya/1617-sluchaynye-polovye-svyazi-snizhayut-uspevaemost-shkolnikov.html ]Застудилась [/url]
Мне 26 лет, с самого детсва каждый день боялась чем-то заболеть. В прошлом году обнаружив у себя какой-то прыщик буквально насиловала врачей, что это сифилис! Все от меня отмахивались, а я умоляла направление на анализ. Я каждый день сдаю какие-то анализы. после чего иасно боюсь. Постоянно фантазирую что больна чем-то.... Я так более не могу!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ходила к психологу.... вообще результатов никаких. Что делать????