Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I am grateful for...

Yesterday I was grateful for... having a working hubby to come home to. His cheeks were red as if sunburned from all the welding he did making cotton gins like he used to do. He must feel as if his life has come another full circle.

Also I am grateful... I saw Mrs. Tripplett yesterday.

Today I am grateful... I found my missing new 2007 motivational calendar! I will be quoting quotes from it later... So I really didn't start my new year until today.

I am grateful... that the Ralph Marston motivations I forward are helping mine and Jimmy's friend Bob. A guy named Chris in IT at work puts them on the bulletin board daily. My friend Sabrina forwards them to me in an email form so I can pass them on to all my email buddies and friends. (I have learned that not all email buddies are your real friends and some of them are like your best friends.) I let both Chris and Sabrina know how their actions have touched someone else who needed the words. Sabrina emailed me back that it made her feel good to lift someone up. Isn't that what life is all about... lifting each other up?

Genie sent me a really good email today too. So I am grateful... for her everyday. I am grateful... for email. It is awesome and I am addicted to it as well as blogging.

Tonight I have PTA. It is usually a total waste of Bare Minerals make-up, but I have some on today. I have on pink and gray eyeshadow to match my outfit. I am wearing old gray pants similar to stirrup pants without the stirrups! They have lines made into the material going down like stripes. My soft, pale pink oversized cowl neck (which I love!) has stripes made into the cowl, the end of the sleeves and the bottom of it that almost match the pants. I added a thin, gray long sweater that also has striped lines going down its length as well. So I feel pretty good about myself today and what I am wearing. It is rewarding when you can mix match different articles of clothing to make a whole new outfit. Priceless. I am very, very grateful for... all my clothes. I have so many of them. They are taking over my house!

Quotes of the day:

No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.... -unknown-
(Thanks, Genie!)

Don't regret any $ spent on fresh flowers or books. -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

Nothing lasts forever - not even your troubles. -Arnold Glasow-

You are the child
who danced in the sunshine,
the young person
who dreamed of changing the world,
the admirer
of all the beauty around you,
a spirit who cannot be tied down.
-Ralph Marston, Author of "The Daily Motivator Website"

Remember, it's by your example that you most influence other. -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

There are so many things that we wish we had done yesterday, so few we feel like doing today.
~Mignon McLaughlin~
(Amen!)

When you feel in need of a compliment, give one to someone else. -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

You have control over 3 things -
What you think,
what you say and
how you act.
~Sonya Friedman~

Never feel guilty about getting out of a bad situation. -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

I smile at obsticles. -Tiger Woods-

Remember that everyone you meet is looking for affirmation, direction, and hope.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression. ~Dodie Smith~

To wait for someone else, or expect someone else to make my life richer, or fuller, or more satisfying, puts me in a constant state of suspension.
~Kathleen Tierney Andrus~

Don't work for someone you wouldn't be proud to introduce to your mother.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-
(HA! HA!)

No comments: