Thursday, January 25, 2007

A New Member of our Household, Pecan Andrew

And here I was thinking I had nothing profound to say today...

We have a new member of our household. His name is Pecan Andrew Voyles. He is a pecan colored Ty beanie bear that was given to Rhett at his gifted program on Monday. Rhett had to create a name for him. When he told me Pecan's full name, I told Rhett that I was surprised he didn't call him Pecan Charlie after his imaginary friend Charlie. He informed me that Pecan Andrew sounded better than Pecan Charlie. He did have a point there. He gets that from me says his prideful mom!

Monday night Pecan Andrew slept in Rhett's bookbag. Last evening, he left him at his grandma's and Pecan's great-grandfather Frank had to bring him home. On the way to church, Rhett reminded me that I am Pecan Andrew's grandmother. Thanks. Pecan Andrew stayed with me in church while Rhett went to his class. I knew if I didn't keep up with Pecan Andrew myself, we'd be making a trip back to church at bedtime! Then he rode home in my purse. I was the one who put him to bed in the book bag again last night.

Today I am grateful... that the sun was shinning. Its the 1st sunny day we've had in awhile. I wore hot pink & black today. Not too hot. Not too cold. Just comfortable in myself.

I am grateful... for the good lunch I had from the Royal Cafe and the food nazis didn't give us a hard time today. I could have eaten double portions of just the mashed potatoes and squash. I even had some other stuff left over. Too bad I have not lost any weight from my weird appetite since being sick last month.

My friend Sabrina posted an article under the devotional section of the bulletin board at work today. It was of a religious nature. I found nothing offensive about it whatsoever, but she got blasted by someone & it rattled her. I'd sent her good feeback earlier in the week about one she'd sent to me that I'd passed on. I told her not to let it get her down. I am one to talk with what happened to me yesterday. I reminded her that she was doing something good and not to let one person spoil it for her. I reminded her how her words reached out to friend of mine. There is always that one someone who spoils things for us, isn't there? Why is that? Why do we let them get under our skin? I think they are not happy and just want to make others miserable if we let them.

Susannah of Ink on my fingers had a neat post today about an old photo album she discoverd at a flea market. I replied back to her under two different names. Its not that I am two different people and Sybil. Blogger just wouldn't accept one sign on so I tried another. Wonder if she will know I am one in the same? There can be only one Becky, quoth the rav.

Quotes of the day:

Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there.
-Josh Billings, writer

Stay away from people who belittle your dreams. -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

Its so easy to get wrapped up in our worlds and problems that we truly block out what's going on with others. We say "get well soon" but we don't really stop to consider the pain they are enduring, whether physical or emotional. I'm certainly not pointing fingers at anyone but myself because I am so guilty of it. But I want to be different. I want to feel for others the same way I feel for myself.
~Lisa Spivey~

1 comment:

Susannah Conway said...

Hi Becky - yes, i knew the comments were from you :-) i'm glad the post inspired you to write - that's wonderful