Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Finishing up the Weekend

D & R gave me a belated birthday present on Sunday. It was Taylor Hick's cd from winning "American Idol". We listened to it twice in the big monster truck. I plan to take it to work.

Everything was a re-run on the tube Sun. nite. I came across "RoadHouse 2" after it had already started. The 2nd version is never as good as the 1st in my book. I told D this one actor reminded me of Gary Busey. As I was watching the credits role, I saw that the actor's last name was Busey. Wonder if it was his brother or his son?

1/29/07 Today was one of THE coldest its been this winter in the south. It was 21 degrees. Brrr! I was warm enough in my black velvet jacket & cordoroy pants. I had a really good laugh from an email to start my day off right. For that I am grateful.

I am NOT grateful for the fact that I amost pulled part of my hair out with a new electric curling iron I purchased for $4! I unplugged it and had it hanging until I could FINALLY get it untwisted. Just knew I was going to wear it to work! A handful of hair came out as I was fluffing it! I think I will stick with hot rollers. At least I did not have to cut it. What we women go thru to be beautiful...

Today I was dressed in black and white and comfortable with myself. My hair has been behaving since I got it cut. I am wearing it straighter and I like it. Today I am so grateful... that I like myself and my hair.

Its a bit ironic that today Susannah of Ink on My Fingers posted a picture of clouds reflected in the sky and in the water. When I left work, the clouds here were awesome. They reminded me of how the seashore looks when the tide is out. I snapped several black and white shots. There was even a cloud that looked like a feather floating in mid air. To my dismay the flash kept going off so I may not get the same effect as I saw with my own two eyes. It may be overexposed since the sun was behind the clouds. Or I could get a really neat effect due to the overexposure as in the my past photo history.

Went to pay 3 bills at the mall. I had on the wrong pair of boots for shopping. Those boots were not made for walking! I had to buy a pair of house shoes. When I asked for "house shoes", the sales ladies looked at me funny so I corrected it to "slippers". Were they not from the South? I was like Goldilocks in The Three Bears, one pair was too small, one pair was too big, one just didn't feel like they were made correctly. I ended up buying another white pair of slip-ons that had "Georgia" on them! I wouldn't dare buy the Auburn ones! My poor feet hurt so bad I wore them home and dared the fashion police to cite me for it!

Once home, told Don my funny email only he didn't laugh as hard as I did. Tonight I was grateful... we all ate soup for supper. My feet were extremely grateful too! Of course Rhett had to wear my new house shoes. Later he was dancing across the living room, generally being himself, laughing at his own antics to the point of annoyance. Don looked at me and asked, "Are you sure he is mine?" I told him, "At times like this, I don't think he's mine either!"

No comments: