Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day and the Rest of the Week

Don was in Indy for Austin & Shelby's birthday parties so Rhett & I had the whole long Labor Day weekend ahead of us.... I'd said we were not taking Rhett out of school for birthdays this year as kids are only allotted 10 excused sick days nowadays. He was out 6 days last year and we got a notice that if he was out anymore, we would have to appear before a board! I did not like this one iota.

Friday night we watched "Camp Rock - the Final Jam" on Disney. I knew we were going to see "Eclipse" at the cheap movie on Saturday. When we woke up Saturday morning, I said, "Ferb, I know what we are going to do today..." That tickled Rhett. We went to lunch then to the movie. It had been awhile since I read the book so I didn't pick up on everything. I had forgotten some things which again bothered me that I may have Alzheimer's. LOL This movie was a little bit different; a little bit surprising for me, but still I enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next one!

Then we went to pay bills afterwards. One the way to the new mall, we witnessed a wreck. A car came flying, turned too late and plowed into the side of another car! It looked like an older person driving. All I could see was white hair. The people inside the car that got hit looked at the driver like they were crazy and they couldn't believe the person hit them. Rhett had never seen anything like it before. He was literally shaking after he saw it happen. I reached and took his hand.

I had to pay my Kohl's bill. This is the only store Rhett wants to go inside to look at clothes. So I took advantage of his willingness. I got him several things on sale. Some t-shirts for $2.00!! Love it!! I found some leaf picture holders. They are more like metal leafs with clips behind them to hold a photo for $1.39 each. I all the had - four; two different kinds of leaves. I let mom pick one she wanted. I will give her a pic of Rhett for it later. I want to go on-line to see if I can get more of these. They would make great gifts. I have since went on-line but couldn't find them. I emailed Kohl's hoping they can find me some more. So keep your finger crossed for me. Just one now. LOL

We got home around 9 pm. The door wouldn't unlock. I tried. Rhett tried. I called Don up in Indy & told him to come home to unlock the door for us. LOL Yeah, right. So we had to go to mom's to spend the night. I was so thankful I still have another place I can call home and still go to if need be as in a case like this. I was good to sleep in my old bed again. I slept well til the early morning when I heard cars cranking up and the morning paper hitting the porch. Mom fixed breakfast before Rhett and I went to church. A luxury we don't normally have on Sundays as we are always in a rush out the door to church. I had to wear the same jeans & pink tennis shoes I had on from the night before to church. But I know God doesn't care what I wear just as long as we are there.

After church, we got gas. I took mom's spare key with me to try it which got stuck in the door! I had to go pee really bad so I had to go behind the house. I was well hidden. Just as I was pulling my jeans up, I heard a car. Lo and behold it was a police car! At least we know they are driving by the house after two robberies. As the car was passing slowly, we were walking up the embankment. I knew the cop was going around the circle. I tried the key again. When he reached the stop sign, I waved at him. I explained what happened and asked if he could help me get the stuck key out of the door. I told him we lived there. I guess we looked honest enough that he believed me and didn't ask for id. He tried. It wasn't working. His cell phone rang. His ring tone was a turkey call! I asked if he was a hunter & he said he was. I told Rhett not to tell Don because he'd want that ring tone! LOL Luckily he was able to get the key out. So we headed back over to mom's.

Don called me & told him what happened. He was sort of mad that I didn't have the policeman try to open the door! DUH! Our preacher had recommended a man who had visited our church a few times who used to be a locksmith. Don asked me to call another member who has helped us with fixing stuff in the past. I called him an hour before church asking if he'd help me after church and he said he would.

Some folks wanted to go out to eat after church since there was no school on Monday. Last year we all watched a movie. Then one person didn't want to go to Country's til tomorrow. Because of this, all were just going to go home til it was decided by another we were indeed going to Country's. I gave Rhett money & let him go with Nancy & Tiffany since I was going to meet Garry back at the house. It is nice to have close church friends you trust your child with.

Rhett asked me if Nancy was my best friend. I told him she is my best church friend because Genie and Penny still hold that honor. No one can replace them. They are all like the sisters I never had. I probably don't call Genie as much as I used to whenever I had a problem. She is still my go person. Now I ask her advise via email. Nancy is my closest friend as far as distance is concerned besides my mom.

I tried the lock again and still no luck. I saw a truck pulling up thinking it was Garry's brother-in-law's truck. I heard a voice ask me, "How are you doing?" I had no idea who it was and the tree was in the way. It was Garry's youngest son and his wife who were home visiting. Daniel was able to get the lock open about the time his dad arrived. Afterwards they sprayed the lock with WD40. I was able to get inside the house to take my hbp medicine. I had missed two doses. I was so thankful for these church friends coming to my rescue. Church friends are the best. Then I was able to go join everyone at Country's later a bit harried, but present and accounted for.

Later that nite I told Don he couldn't go out of town without us again! Every time he does, something always goes wrong. We didn't do much Labor Day except sleep late. Got ice cream. Took mom to the store which was an experience as is everything in my life these days.

Tuesday I was late to work because of Rhett's extreme s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s which made me yell at him. After I dropped him off at school, I saw he left his English book in the car. So I had to turn around & go back to drop it off. I left him a note inside his book apologized for yelling at him. I told him I go out of my way for him because I love him. I knew this would probably make him cry. I also sent him an apology email. That afternoon when I picked him up at mom's, he hugged me, told me he loved me and he got my note which did make him cry at school. Then he told me that was his stay-at-home book! I really didn't need to take it back to school! So I was late for nothing. Well, except to apologize to my son for yelling at him.

We are thankful for the safe return of our family especially Don! We sat, talked, caught up as he told us about his weekend up in Indy. Rhett was wired for sound literally. He kept making comments, sounds and gestures to everything that was said. Some was funny while he sometimes got on my last nerve. I'd snap my finger at him for him to stop. He just thought that was funny and would snap his finger back at me. I realized he reminded me of the black guy in the "Police Academy" movies that did all the sound effects. When I told Don this, he busted out laughing because Rhett did almost sound like that guy! Rhett had eaten a banana sandwich at Mom's. I told him he could NOT have one ever again!

Don wanted me to upload the pictures he took so we could see them better. He had a really good close up of Shelby at her birthday party. I sent that one out to family as well as some others. While looking at my pics in Picasa, I realized my art now has a pattern to it. The doodles I have done over the past year are all similar. I have about 18 of them!

I couldn't get out of the door yesterday morning so Don had to open it for me. I got almost to the bridge to Columbus when Don called me. I had Rhett's bookbag & trombone! So I had to go back home. Another day I was late for work.

Then today on Wednesday, my friend Anne said my art is spiritual. No one has ever said that before. That made my day. My fortune cookie for Wednesday said this: "An unexpected visitor will bring you good blessings." We'll see.... I need all the blessings I can get!

I got really depressed yesterday concerning a matter about my Daddy. Don could tell something was wrong. I didn't eat supper. I wasn't hungry to begin with then was too tied up in knots plus I need to shed some weight. I just enjoyed being with my family and calming down. Art always makes me feel better; takes my blues away.

Wednesday night we worked on our Smile boxes again in Bible class. The pretty colored stones ontop of Casey's fell off due to the hot glue sliding off. I can take one row of them and possibly put on a barrette. We will see... Savannah decided to repaint her's because she didn't like it. Mine is coming along just wonderfully. It is looking more like a seasonal box. I have 3 pine trees against a baby blue sky on one side with grass beneath it. A yellow sun with pink clouds streaking to represent a sunset on another side. I put a face inside the sun. It is not quite finished yet. I used my fave blue acrylic paint called Manganese Blue on another side. I will add stars and a half moon next week. Then I painted a maroon heart on the last side. I will add highlights to the heart next. The inside is painted strawberry ice cream colored pink. I have a big white cloud on the top of the box. I will add the word "SMILE" across it as my last step. I showed the kids the original idea from a magazine which was done with crayons. I admit mine looks a whole lot better. I could make these as Christmas gifts this year! Better get started now!

On a church sign this morning....
Jesus is our BFF. Who is your's?

I have to tell you my son is such a good child. Not only did he make all A's & B's, with one A being in pre-Algebra, he sent a special email out from God to the boy he has been having problems with at school! I know he was thinking this might help. I just hope and pray it doesn't cause more problems. But I am so proud of him!

Please keep my family in your prayers on the 14th. That is when we go back for the rest of the cancer to be removed from Daddy's face. Also please me in your prayers that I will have a successful Market Days on Saturday and sell some art! We really need the money now that Don has been laid off yet again. Thank you so much.

What are you thankful for this Thankful Thursday? Please share with us at the following...
http://www.eph2810.com/

4 comments:

Paulie said...

I have a friend in apt. building that had cancer removed from her face. It took three times but they finally got it all and did plastic surgery and now you can't even tell she had a problem. Prayers for your Dad!

becky aka theRAV said...

Yes, one of my uncles had his nose worked on like that & you couldn't tell for a long time. Thanks for the prayers, Paulie!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! What adventures you have had! Just reading your post made me feel exhausted... so I can imagine what you feel like!!! But, despite the craziness you found some things to be thankful for. That is a great attitude to have. Hope this next weekend/week goes smoother for you. You deserve it!!!

becky aka theRAV said...

LOL I never thought of my week as an adventure before until you said that Whidbey Woman. I guess my life is just one adventure after another. Sorry my post made you feel exhausted. I used to feel that way when I read a friend's Christmas letter. She had 5 kids so you can imagine. Each year the type got smaller and smaller because they had more and more "adventures" that happened to all of them. So maybe I need to keep things down to a minimum. NOT! LOL I hope next week goes smoother for me and for you as well. Thanks for stopping by & commenting. I loved your comment.