Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Good Week

Well, Monday was a good day for me. My work bought us all three new shirts. I have a beautiful, oh so soft, sage green polo shirt, a regular PINK polo (of course!) and long sleeve striped maroon shirt. All with the work logo on them. I wore the green one Tuesday and the pink one on Wednesday. It was cool enough to wear the long sleeve shirt in the mornings but NOT the still hot afternoons.

I went to the hormone dr on Monday. My blood pressure bottom # was 70! My cholesterol was really good; down from March. She said she doesn't know what I have been doing, but it has been working. I had weaned myself off some of the meds as they tore my stomach up and I was tired of going to the bathroom sometimes 3-4 times a day! So she cut back my high blood pressure pills to one a day as well as my cholesterol to every other day. Because I am doing so good, I do not have to go back there unless needed! She told me I could save on the co-pays. Yeah! I am SO thankful. I can just go to my regular dr now. This works out perfectly. I went to him last March when my allergies & asthma kicked in. That should be when these new scripts expire. I had not lost any weight, but I had not gained any either. Maintaining.

Rhett's disk from school worked on our home computer last night - thank goodness! So it was a good day. Too bad everyday cannot be like this one. Hope your week has been as good as mine thus far.

I find it a bit ironic that my 1st doodle on clean my doodle pad is of an abstract black car on a black road done with THE largest Marks a Lot marker on the market complete with red tail lights. Who knew I could draw something that even resembles a car? Rhett will be so proud of me! LOL. I esp find it ironic since I am about to embark on a new traveling journey. Not taking it as a bad sign here due to the blackness. I know it is my intuitiveness or subconscious coming out in my art. And Don drives a black truck but I am still not taking that as a bad omen. I used one of those white-out correction tape "thingies" (as Rhett would say) to make one long window, but it started coming off so I had to paint over it with white-out. LOL . It is hard to tell if this is car or truck. Not that it matters. There is even a tiny white line on the road drawn beneath the vehicle that represents the white line in a real road. It just blows me away! I just realized this is not my 1st road I have drawn. Roads seem to be an occurring theme with me as well as time. Found a neat scrapbook paper set at Michael's yesterday as well and idea for Christmas card for this year.

Tuesday was a good Tuesday for me. My friend Mike sent me another one of his school newsletter he sends out. He uses the Ralph Marston motivationals I forwarded to him via email. He now has the link so I no longer need to forward them to him. Mike told me his newsletter reaches 1600 families! WOW!!! It gave me chills. So I sent this along to the guy who puts them on our bulletin board at work so he would know who far his good deed goes. Then it hit me, how our emails and our blogs reach out to SO many people. Possibly more than 1600. And if the things we write about have to do with the Lord and we are reaching other souls.... Some who may never have known Jesus ... priceless. So never think what you do is worthless. Never think you are not touching someone's life.

I found a shady parking spot at lunch for which I was thankful. I am sure my care thankful too! LOL I had a good lunch. I was able to color with two new markers. A bit of pine green here, filled in a scumbled Christmas tree from last year, added some metallic silvery navy there and there. Coloring one small spot at a time. That would make a great title for an art blog. LOL

Speaking of coloring, I let someone's attitude color my afternoon as I let someone's rude email color my life last week. Really need to stop doing this. People need to get over themselves and stop pretending like you don't go to the bathroom!

I got the pics of Tiffany's birthday printed for Nancy. Printed them at Wolf camera for 7 cents a piece!!!! Yeah me! I will be printing all of mine there from now on! Got her a piece of 12x12 maroon scrapbook paper at the neighboring scrapbook store to use as one of the backgrounds for the photo frame for her mother-n-law's Christmas present. She really liked it. Also got a pretty scrapbook butterfly for Tiffany since she loves butterflies. I let Nancy borrow the chipboard bird I bought so she can make birds with her pretty cardstock. I'd previously advised Nancy to take a pic of Tiffany in the dressing room with her cell phone when getting her senior pics taken. I am such a good friend. I love it when I help folks save money. If I were a photographer, I wouldn't charge an arm and a leg for copyrights especially to my friends and family.

It has been a hectic week, but then when is my life not hectic? LOL Just seemed more so this week. So many things to do, so little time. And of course I procratinate as always waiting until the last minute.

What are you thankful for this week? Please share your Thankful Thursday with us at the following...
http://eph2810.com/

Be sure to read Laurie's wonderful post at http://womentakingastand.blogspot.com

Please keep me in your prayers for traveling mercies. Thank you! Happy TT and have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Paulie said...

Sounds like you had a good week. . . where do you work that they furnish shirts for all?

eph2810 said...

So happy for your that you need less medication :)
You are right; sometimes we get something in our email that 'colors our day' (I really like the expression). We should not let get bad emails get to us, although it often is hard not to.

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Love & peace,
<>< Iris

pam said...

Wow...that's a grand post for many reasons. I love all the coloring. Choosing what we allow to color our world...wisdom there.

becky aka theRAV said...

A prison, Paulie! LOL

becky aka theRAV said...

Me too, Iris! Glad you liked my expression. Thanks for stopping by & commenting. You made my day.

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi Pam! Thank you for stopping by & commenting. Thanks for the compliment on my TT post. I love the coloring too. Speaking of color... Loved the photo of that tree on your blog! WOW!!!

Denise said...

I am so happy that you had a good visit at the doctor sweetie. I am praying for traveling graces for you. Much love to you always.