Friday, February 27, 2009

Shoes on a Wire

 


I had been meaning to take a photo of these balls growing on this tree down the street from my parent's house for several weeks. Yesterday I finally had time as I was headed to my Artist Guild meeting. I parked in front of beautiful pale yellow gingerbread house and snapped a few shots. I am not sure what kind of tree it is, but it's big and it has white bark underneath a layer of bark that peels away revealing the whiteness. Then I noticed through the nearly bare limbs that there was a pair of shoes hanging on a wire! This could have easily been an Odd Shot for Odd Shot Monday ,but even though the sky was overcast, I wanted to use it for a Sky Watch post instead. The homeowner's tiny dog was behind the iron fence yapping at me as I took the last couple of frames. I just shook my head and drove off on to my meeting with a smile on my face for finally take the picture I wanted with an added bonus.

A note to Jo at A Majority of Two: I cannot seem to get into your blog. Everytime I try, I get kicked off the internet!

Happy Sky Watch weekend!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Louise said...

I saw shoes in a tree just yesterday. I can't remember where, though. Fun photo and story!

dianasfaria.com said...

I love this photo. It has a very artistic quality about it. It was even more interesting when enlarged.

Dee said...

Interesting capture! Love the light in the sky. Funny story.

becky aka theRAV said...

What a coincidence, Louise! Thanks. Lily Hydrangea, I am so glad you love the photo. Thanks for your lovely comment about the artistic quality. Thank you, Dee. Glad you found it interesting and thought the story was funny.

PERBS said...

I was going to idnetify the tree UNTIL you said it had white bark. lol The shoes are definitely an added bonus. lol

becky aka theRAV said...

Paulie the bark is white underneath the tannish gray bark that peels off from it if that helps.