Thursday, February 12, 2009

"My Legacy"

A remembered landmark anniversary this morning
The 15th anniversary of telling my parents we were getting married
My Daddy's 84th birthday today.

Saw steam rising on the fences
as the sun warmed the wood.
No time or place to stop and park
Another missed Pentex moment
But the visions still linger...
in my mind
in my written word
for those I leave behind...
A legacy of photographs
far too many to scrapbook
too many to frame.
A legacy of artwork
no one wants to buy.
A legacy of poetry
unpublished
unsold
with many more awaiting to be written.
A legacy of greeting cards I created
some I never sent.
A legacy of rubber stamps.
Have I made a difference?
~copyright by theRAV~

4 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Wow Becky!
I too am an only child, a wife and a daughter! We must have a lot in common!

becky aka theRAV said...

Wow is right, Denise. We do have a lot in common. Cool.

PERBS said...

Well, just look at that lsit of things you have accomplished, sold or not! We all miss great photo moments -- if we didn't care, it would not matter that you missed the shot BUT you remember the missed moment so you have the memory!

becky aka theRAV said...

That was beautiful what you said, Paulie. Thanks for that.