Friday, May 28, 2010

Be Supportive

I took today off to handle family business. It is always one step forward and 3 steps back. I should be used to this now. You do something only to be met with another obstacle or roadblock. Very frustrating. I went thru a range of emotions from very angry to tears. I hate it when I cry. Not that I consider it a weakness. Then there was the deep hurt of non-support. I support everyone in their endeavors. Why can't the one person who means the world to me be supportive of me? All this that transpired today caused my bladder to hurt badly. I had to take a Vesicare which I haven't had to take in awhile.

We did manage to accomplish a lot of stuff which took most of the day yet I still managed to leave something undone. It will have to be done tomorrow. Just call me Scarlett O'Hara. I can only do so much. I can only deal with so much. Today I guess I didn't deal very well. We came home and I laid down hoping my bladder wouldn't hurt any more. That would be just what I need... to get a bladder infection on a holiday weekend. I'd cancelled my yearly follow-up from my last infection because I felt too good like I didn't need to go. I felt fine then. My motto is if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Maybe the month of May is just the time when I have bladder problems, but I feel today's episode was due to all the stress of the day.

I talked with my mom and my friend church Nancy. Nancy & I are starting to call ourselves "Thelma & Louise". Not sure which one is which but, she called me "Louise" today so I guess that is who I am. Then I emailed my other close friends telling them about today. I checked emails. I didn't feel like watching my usual Friday nite shows like "Ghost Whisperer" or "Medium". Nor could I watch violent tv shows Wednesday night after church. I wanted to upload the 80 something pics I took since 5/7, but then I read the comments written on yesterday's Thankful Thursday post. Those words were just what I needed to read. (Please see my commment I wrote there.) Thank you again my friends for those much needed words. They really meant a lot to me. I am so thankful for this blog, my blogging friends and Thankful Thursday.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend. It is going to be one I will always remember in many ways. Yet it will serve as a reminder that good always follows the bad. Stay hopeful.

My Quote of the Day:
Be supportive of those you love.

No comments: