Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's a Southern Thing

Hi ya'll! How ya'll been doin'? How's ya momma? Come on in an sit a spell... Would you care for a cold glass of really sweet iced tea? We got some leftover cold chicken in the ice box if you'd like. How 'bout a piece of pie?

Last nite I just finished reading this book... The Summer of My Southern Discomfort
http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Southern-Discomfort-Stephanie-Gayle/dp/0061236292
which I got at the $ store. It was about a Yankee who moved south. There at the $ store I also found ... The Same Sweet Girls by Cassandra King. It's about Southern girls going to college in Alabama. I am really liking it so far so good having only read 10 pages. A long way from my vampire books, but I love the south & Southern Lit! I am proud to be southern. Maybe I'll even write my own southern novel... Someday. My friend Anne thinks I shorely could. My friend Bob thinks I am a Steel Magnolia, but that titles already been used. Wish Don could make me some steel magnolias! Wouldn't that be cool? Maybe I should just try to draw them as steel and not cream colored.

Well, it's been a real pleasure visitin' with ya'll. Always good to see ya and hear from ya. Ya'll come back ya here when you can stay longer. I'll give you a match so you can stay longer next time.

1 comment:

Paulie said...

Guess so because I don't get the point of this post. All I understood was that you are reading something you like.