Thursday, October 15, 2009

Art in Spite of it All

Last Saturday, I felt like I needed to spend the day with my son. We ate the Burger King that is like a train station. We had not been there in a long while. I took pictures of course. We went to see the Harry Potter movie, "The Half Blood Prince" at the cheap movie, but we were like Goldilocks... too late for one show, too early for the other. So we went to the mall. He got a guitar shirt on sale for less than $5 and almost got another one. I let him get a cheap game also.

The movie was good, but I kept feeling like I had missed a book, another movie or something. The buttered popcorn was really good! We got more to take home and got butter everywhere! I was thankful for this day we got to spend together.

Sunday my Aunt had to be taken to Hospice as she refused water, food, medications and was screaming like a banshee!

Monday was Columbus Day so Rhett & were off. I was thankful for that. Mom had an eye dr's appoinment which I took her to and I had a dr's appointment later that afternoon. My dr's office had a new computer program. The nurse was going over my medications. She named some I had not taken in years and one I'd never heard of! I asked her if she had the right person. My potassium was slightly elevated so I had to have more blood drawn, but my dr said it wasn't anything to be concerned about. She'd call me with the results later. My cholesterol was good. I left, got to the end of the road only to realize she had forgotten one of my scripts. So I turned around and went back since the office is way on the other side of town. Luckily she was at the reception area, but unluckily she had selective amnesia because she said she had never written me a script for that when I know darn well she did! I wish doctors were not so rushed that they remembered you as a patient and your history. It made me want to see another doctor. This is an expensive medication that insurance won't cover. We cut the dosage down so I could afford it. It is for my polysistic ovarian syndrome. If I can't get it, I won't cry about it. One less bill I have to pay.

Because my cholesterol was good, I treated myself to a strawberry shake at Steak 'n Shake because I deserved it. I had to wait way too long for a shake, but it was worth it. I stopped at the other Spirit of Halloween. There was one mannequin I really wanted to take a photo of... It was a headless woman with her head in her hand. I did manage to take one before I left. I didn't know she moved and talked. The head was moving as I snapped it.

I went to Michael's because I don't get to that side of town often. I got the Martha Stewart fall decorations of black crows you can put on your walls on sale! I got Rhett a Christmas ornament. A red & white peppermint striped R which he loved! I was so glad I got it for him. Nothing feels better than getting your child something they really like for no reason except they are your child.

Tuesday after work I met J at my Aunt's house to pay bills. Neither cousins were there so it was nice and peaceful until the bank called. It seemed someone had been using my aunt's credit card, but because I don't have POA, they cannot tell me anything. I found out how two girls have used my cousin; how one of them used my aunt's credit cards to pay her bills! Just when you think everything might be smooth sailing as far as the bill situation is concerned, a storm always hits unexpectedly. I let it be know that I would prosecute these girls to the last letter of the law so it could get back to them.

My aunt's face looks like her time here is almost over. We found out my cousin was using his mom's credit card for "emergencies". But he'd been with one of those user girlfriends of his. He lied to J. Of course he is upset about his mom, but still. My mom thinks it is because of the threat I made. It is just a matter of time for my aunt now. All I ask of the Lord is that she not die tomorrow because it is her oldest son's birthday. That would be just awful.

No, its never a dull moment with me and my family. I think I'd like to have one of those.. dull moments! LOL In spite of it all, I had a pretty creative artful day yesterday and I was so thankful for it. It was something I needed. I drew a pumpkin on an inter-office envelope that had "Happy Fall, Ya'll!" on it to brighten someone's day. Then I re-created it in the journal Genie gave me. Once again, I thank her so much for that. When I drew the triangular eyes & nose on the pumpkin, it reminded me of my mom's mom for some reason. Maybe she was thinking of me... Then I thought, what can I do to make this mine? So the smile had vampire teeth, of course! I finished another piece in the journal. It finally felt complete which made me feel complete; happy. I added yellow broken dashes to represent lines in the road with a paint marker. I had to prop it open to let the paint dry! LOL I took pics of them all & printed several at Walmart yesterday. One was something Rhett made last week. I knew I had the perfect frame to match his at home.

I'd forgotten my books for Rhett's Bible class last nite so I let the kids be creative with paints. Big mistake. The ones Rhett's age are really good at this. We had 2 younger ones who got paint everywhere even on the carpet and we had to clean it up! The preacher's wife walked in as I was telling this one young girl that she needed to stop NOW! I took the paint brush away from her. The younger ones are more wasteful with the paint. I am so thankful my son is as mature as he is.

Bird images keep popping up for me in my art lately. My cuz L is a birder. Maybe that is why. LOL

At home, I framed 3 pieces of art. One fit the frame just perfectly. Love it when that happens. The one with the yellow lines matched the design in the frame. How cool is that?It was unreal. Another one of them was Rhett's piece of art. The pumpkin from the journal fit into a tiny plastic frame. I'll send pics this weekend. I told Rhett when I have an art show, I will put his in it. I am thinking of asking if I can hold one in the new fellowship hall at church in hopes of making $. So keep me in your prayers on this. We'll see....

Then I drew another pumpkin with permanent markers on the back of piece of paper that went inside the frame I used for Rhett. I waste nothing. This pumpkin is winking. Rhett really thought it was cool so it must be! Then I did a weird thing with the green, orange and black markers. It has a lot of green eyes with green eye shadow so I am calling it "The Green Eyed Monster". Not that I was feeling green with envy. LOL I think it is cool.

Elisa told me that Don's folks want to surprise him for Thanksgiving! His mom feels this may be the last trip she makes down here. I told Lisa I loved her for telling me so I can clean my house! We both agreed Don really needs this right now. Hunting season started today so I had to take Rhett to school. I won't get much out of Don now & I can't do some of the housework myself. A good friend said she might have a door she could give me. I'll find out this weekend. If not, our old one needs painting before we turn the heat on. I think I can paint a door if I can paint pictures.

Right now I am just praying Aunt Va won't die tomorrow on Lance's birthday. That is all I am asking. Please pray this also.

What are you thankful for in spite of life's difficulites? Want to share? Please go to the following...
http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/

7 comments:

PERBS said...

Looks like your life is full and that you are taking all the opportunities to live it fully! Prayers coming!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks so much for the prayers, Paulie. Greatly appreciated. Yes, my life is FULL and I am indeed thankful for it's fullness.

Nancie said...

Hi Becky,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your encouraging comment. It is always a joy to hear from you.

Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Thank God for His many blessings upon you and your family. Glad to know that your art work is doing great. I am praying for you regarding your desire to have an art show. May God guide and provide.

Take care and have a very blessed weekend!

Praying for you,
Nancie

i said...

Hi Becky, thanks for dropping by and leaving me such an encouraging comment. Really appreciate that.

You certainly are a person of great strength and calm, with all that you have to handle. Praying for you and your family, and your Aunt. Many blessings to you!

Denise said...

Be blessed sweetie, love you.

becky aka theRAV said...

Nancie, you are more than welcome for the encouragement. It is always a joy to "hear" from you too. Thanks for the prayers. You have a great weeknd as well, my friend. Serendipity, you too are also welcome for the encouragement. I am so glad I could be an ecourager. I am awed by your words because I guess I never really thought of myself as a person of great strength. Since you mentioned it, I thought "I am!" I come from strong women. I guess that is why.Thanks for the prayer. Many more blessings to you.
Hi Denise! I tried your blog but didn't see a TT post but so I didn't comment but was thinking of you as always. Hope you are feeling ok.

i said...

You certainly are! Hope you're having a good week so far.