Thursday, August 6, 2009

What Made Me Happy This Week



Well, here it is... another Thankful Thursday and as always, I have a great deal to be thankful for this week. I am thankful for my dear sweet mom who bought Rhett some back to school clothes and a book bag. We got to spend some quality time together shopping Saturday. We went to the Kiddie Shoppe 1st, but didn't find anything there for Rhett. However, I found an awesomely illustrated book Cinderella by K. V. Craft, but I did not buy it. I haven't tried to look it up on the net yet, but I hope you will so you can see the beautiful artwork. I was concentrating on buying for school - not me. There were very large sunflower type flowers hanging in the store's windows. Naturally I took a photo of one. We had a good lunch. Got Rhett shoes at Kohl's as well t-shirts & other things. He got a bookbag at Target which my mom refered to the place as that one that began with an "O". I thought she meant Old Navy. I had to figure out where she meant. LOL We had popcorn and a Pesi after shopping there. Later it turned out to be my day to see folks. I emailed some of my high school friends who I saw. They cannot get over my remembering these people. It is a gift. What can I say? It makes my friends feel like they were on another planet during high school or slept through it. LOL

On Monday, I printed pictures at Walmart. The big flower pictured here was one of them and the same one I wrote about up above. This time I did something different... I added a border to the photo which was a good thing because it cut out some of the parked cars underneath the flower which I didn't care for. This is an uncropped photo. Sorry. I used a turquoise scrapbook type of border that to me complimented the red colors of the flower. This photo made me very happy. So I made another one adding the words, "Be Happy" in yellow which is on the flower. I did yet another one with a blue jean border. Rhett liked the blue jean one whereas I prefer the turquoise. I showed them to two people at work the next day. They really liked them. One was a plant man, but he didn't care for the words on the flower. He felt it took away from the flower. This did not bother me. I realize we all have our differences, preferences and opinions. We can't all be the same and I for one would not want to be just like everyone else. Although I valued his opinion, it didn't hurt my feelings in the least. I still like mine better. As I have stated before, the little things mean far more to me. I still can't believe that one photo could make me so happy! The plant man also said if I keep at it, I will find my niche. Little does he know I already have... It is called art. Art makes me very happy. I am thankful for my inspiration that comes from ABOVE.

Sorry the picture does not have the border I described. I have yet to take a photo of the photo. LOL I need to hook up my scanner so this will be easier on me.

Georgia had a tax free weekend last weekend and I was thankful for that small blessing. Besides getting Rhett's school supplies, I got myself some paint markers and other markers. Earlier in the week, I drew a flower on a inexpensive piece of stationary and turned it into a scrapbook page. This made me happy also.

I am thankful I had a class yesterday so I could see some old co-workers. I got to see my dear sweet friend Patti. She reminded me that it had been awhile since I had been in our old office to see her. Maybe 6 months which made me feel bad. I am deeply concerned about her. She has had a brown spot on her cheek for some time. It seemed bigger than last time I saw her and it has a tiny dark spot on top of it now. I know she always puts her family before herself. I didn't say anything about the brown spot to her because I would never hurt her feelings. I am asking for prayers on her behalf please that it is not anything serious or life threatening. Our preacher said it may be something internal. All I can do is pray about this and hope for the best; hope it is nothing.

I forgot my favorite little black jacket in the conference room. I emailed the person who had the class after I got home.

I am thankful I got to talk to my best friend Penny not once, but twice yesterday. Hopefully we will get together this weekend. I can hardly wait! She always has a cough when they fly down to Ga which concerns me also since she had breast cancer. I know I am such a worry wart, but I want to keep my friends a little longer.

Thankfully I was able to get my black jacket back this morning. I am so lucky. This jacket has been like a faithful friend to me over the past couple of years. It is always there when I need it. It keeps me warm in the Spring and Fall. It goes with everything. Like in Goldilocks, it fits just right. I am thankful to still have it. I think because it was so much apart of me, I KNEW it would still be there waiting for me. I am thankful for honest people. Getting my favorite jacket back made me happy. Getting my favorite jacket back. Priceless.

I am thankful I found two inexpense blouses this week. One is not exactly my style, but it was my color... hot pink. It reminded me of a Hawaiian blouse I have had for so long it is starting to fade. One blouse was $2.99! I also found two unique photo frames for 99 cents! The bird picture I took Friday did not fit it. I will have to play with it to get it to fit. Then I found 11 cents in one day. I am artful. I am rich. I am blessed and I am indeed thankful for all that made me happy this week. What made you happy this week?

If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please go to the following....
http://www.eph2810.com/

4 comments:

PERBS said...

I am happy that my mosquito bites are gone. Ü

I am sorry you wer too busy to see my odd shot last week.

Angela said...

I love all the blessings and thankfulness that was in this post. ((hugs))

Denise said...

Asking God to continue to make you happy.

becky aka theRAV said...

Well, I am happy your skeeter bites are gone too, Paulie. I did finally comment on your odd shot. Hi Angela! Love my blessings and thankfulness too. Hugs back at ya!
Denise, that was so sweet of you!