Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Momma

I was going to participate in ABC Wednesday C is for.... and I planned to use the picture of Genie & Penny with me cropped out. I would have titled it "Cousins" because they are. This is dating me, but that brought to mind the theme song from "The Patti Duke Show" "...Cousins... identical cousins. They walk alike. They talk alike. Sometimes they even act alike..." Although that does not hold true for my two best friends who are cousins.

Then I thought of creating my own sign that said, "NO MORE CANCER!", taking a photo of it & posting the photo on my blog. You will understand why as you read on....

This week I am so thankful I got to spend time with my two best friends in the world last weekend. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Not all the crab legs in the sea! I did not get a wealth of photos, but I got the ones that count.

I am so thankful my friend Penny went by my mom's before they departed for Dollywood. We pulled in right behind them. My mom said she knew Penny would come by to see her. I didn't know she'd cleaned the bottom of the fridge & had a dizzy spell. So when they left, she told me she was dizzy and had to go lay down. I laid down with her, telling her about our visit. There were a couple of times she almost cried which worried me. I was also paying close attention to her speech. I am not sure how long we stayed there, but I said I'd cook lunch for all of us. Thankfully when mom got up, she said she felt better, but I was still greatly concerned.

I had errands to run; bills to pay. I called her again when we got home to check on her. Rhett & I went over there Sunday after dinner at church. She'd cook speghetti with the remaining hamburger meat we had leftover and said she felt better.

Monday morning she called me to tell me she'd been up all night peeing. She knew she had a bladder infection & was going to her oby/gyn. I did not hear from her before I got off work so I went to the house. The dr had to deliver a baby which is what took so long. She did have a bladder infection and was given meds for that. Then she told me he found a tumor over her bladder! He put in a device to hold the tumor up instead of it pressing on her bladder. She has an another appointment at the end of this month when he will tell her if she will need surgery to remove it! We have not told my Daddy yet because he has a heart condition & will only worry until the appointment. Like we won't! Nor does Rhett know.

My first thought is that it can't be cancer. That this cannot be happening to us. Not to my mom. I don't want her to die yet. I need her a little while longer. I know it is not my will but His. It is just very hard right now. I am trying to hold it together. Of course it could just be a tumor we have caught in time and I pray this like a mantra. Now I do have Hope and Faith.

When I was born, it was supposed to be a c-section, but her dr let her have me naturally. According to her, she was "torn all to jigglets"! If I have heard that expression once, I have heard it a thousand times. I swore I would be better when I had a baby. She never could have any more children which is why I am an only child. When I was in 4th grade, she was around 30 something, but not the youngest woman to have a hysterectomy. She had a tumor(non-cancerous)and had to have a hysterectomy as well as two other major surgeries all at once. They removed her ovaries, tacked up her bladder, and removed her appendix which had grown up behind her liver. It took her a long time to recover. She wore moo-moos for many years. When I had my hysterectomy, I was determined I would take good care of myself.

Mom says this device is a bit uncomfortable, but I asked her to try to keep it in. She is able to remove it. She says it presses on where her bladder was tacked up from her hysterectomy a lifetime ago.

Please keep my mom Lois in your prayers. Pray the tumor isn't cancer. We will be going to a reunion this weekend so please pray for traveling mercies for us. Thank you very much.

If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please go to the following...
http://www.eph2810.com/

4 comments:

PERBS said...

Prayers said for your Mom for ehr health and also for your traveling. Be safe and have fun!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you, Paulie! I plan to take plenty of pictures too! LOL

Denise said...

Sweetie, my heart hurts for you. I know how worried you are about your dear mom. I am asking God to lay healing hands upon her. I love you.

becky aka theRAV said...

Denise you are so sweet. I am trying my best not to worry. Thank you. I love you too.