Thursday, August 20, 2009

The BIG Responsibility

I am so very thankful we arrived back home safely from our trip to Indy for a family reunion, but I think I need to go on HRT now! LOL I am thankful for the pictures I took. I am thankful to my brother-in-law Alan for providing me with inspiration once again. This time in the form of taters! LOL Who knew? I am thankful for the one piece of artwork I created while there out of boredom in the museum while Don was doing family research. Even if when I printed it as a 5x7, and it didn't turn out right, but I will make it work. It looks like I was on psychodelic drugs from the '70's, but I assure I wasn't!

I am so very thankful my parents raised me right. That I am a responsible person. I know what my priorities are. I know that family comes first and foremost. I am always there for my parents.

On our way home, I received a call from my Aunt Va's old neighbor who happens to be head of a local credit union. My aunt requested I be added on her bank accounts. I couldn't believe it. Her oldest son never came here like he said he would weeks ago which seems more like a year now. Her youngest son had been handling everything. My aunt has never asked anything of me before. I told Janet I would have to discuss it with my husband, my Daddy & my cousin Lance first. Not that I needed my husband's permission. Immediately Don thought something must be wrong with the accounts. My Daddy asked that I do this for him. I told my cuz Lance I didn't want to step on anyone's toes. He told me to "step". So I decided to step up to the plate since Lance won't come here to take on these responsibilites that are his not mine. I just cannot understand brothers and sisters not communicating with each other. Nor children not being there for their mother even if they don't like her as a person. She is still their mother. If I only had brothers and sisters to communicate with... I am so very thankful for the mother I have as well as my Daddy.

I called Janet yesterday to tell her I would do this with conditions. She was relieved because there are major problems as Don and Lance suspected. The caregivers my cuz Robbie hired who have been living in the house have been spending money right and left! There is a warrant out for his best friend's arrest! It made my blood turn so cold I had to literally put on a sweater. It made my blood turn cold that they could take advantage of a sickly, elderly woman! I am going into a big mess with my eyes wide open. One of my friends has a really good feeling about me taking over this BIG responsiblity. I will need prayers on this matter please. Thankfully my husband has an accounting degree so he will help me.

I meet with Janet after work so wish me luck. I feel sort of like Mother Teresa... I just wish the Lord wouldn't trust me so much with all this responsibility, but someone has to do it.

I am thankful my mom is feeling better. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. Thank you. Like Iris, I too am thankful for all my friends including my blogging friends.

If you would like to share your thankfulness, please go to the following....
http://www.eph2810.com/

6 comments:

Angela said...

When you wrote that your problems seem small in comparison to mine, I SO related to that statement, that is why I wrote this:

It is hard for me to ask for prayers because I KNOW so many are hurting so much greater than what we are experiencing...

I sense the Lord tell me to ask though. He doesn't turn me away just because I have a 'cut' on my knee while my fellow brother or sister in the Lord has just had their knee amputated. He cares for us all, not matter what degree of suffering and pain we are in.

So thank you for your prayers beloved sister...((Hugs)) and please DO know I hold you close to mine also!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you, Angela!

Denise said...

My prayers continue for you my friend, and your dear mom. I love you.

i said...

Sounds like you have your plate full there. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

PERBS said...

God helps us all no matter how small our "problems" -- we jsut need to ask and that is called PRAYER! God bless you for helping this elderly relative.

I know you don't often visit my bench blog, but today I have a personal bench on it so you might enjoy reading about it.

Take care. Blessings!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you Sweet Denise. Yes, Serendipity, my plate is indeed full right now. Thanks for your thoughts & prayers. Greatly appreciated. Thanks for the blessing Paulie. I will visit your bench blog soon. Maybe this weekend.