Wednesday, November 5, 2008

P is for Pumpkins

 

 

Piggy Pumpkin

My first thought for a P word for ABC Wednesday was my best friend Penny , but I used her most recent photo on my F is for... Friend post. P wasn't really hard for me this go round because I knew I had plenty of p shots & pumpkin photos to post. A plethora of them in fact. I almost started to re-post my favorite of last year's pumpkins I used in my 2nd postcard swap, but I don't know how to blacken the background to get the effect I desired. It was far easier making it into a postcard because I could crop out the background with scissors. So I picked my second favorite pumpkin picture I took this fall at Publix. Also I couldn't resist this cute painted Piggy Pumpkin.

This post and these pictures helped perk up my mood as I hope they will your's. Since the light of season has altered, it seems to have effected my mood. I'd attempted to take photos of the pretty changing leaves without success. The colors are not the same in my digitial camera's view. I missed so many shots because of this fact.

This morning I received an email from a high school friend who was our class' photographer. Darryl told me my photos inspired him to go out and take some pictures of his own. So he went to a park in Stone Mountain, Ga and snapped pics of the changing leaves along a lake. They were absolutely beautiful and I was a bit envious as well as frustrated as mine have not turned out as pretty. His photo was neat because if you rotated it, it looked like a pointed Christmas tree with one side all in fall colors! To think I inspired someone... Still I am thankful that I could do this. That will probably be repeated in my Thankful Thursday post tomorrow but it bears repeating. Darryl also said it takes a special eye to capture things that others don't see or pass by. He found himself looking down at leaves on the ground because of my photos. Thanks for making my day, Darryl.

On my drive to pick up lunch from Publix, I attempted more photo-taking without success so I gave up and decided to just enjoy the ride.

Quote I needed today:
Inspiration is wonderful when it happens, but the writer must develop an approach for the rest of the time... The wait is simply too long.
-Leonard Bernstein, conductor

Quotes of the Day:
Imagination is the only key to the future. Without it none exists - with it all things are possible.
~Ida Tarbell, crusading journalist

The Golden moments in the stream of life rush past us,
and we see nothing but sand:
the angels come to visit us,
and we only know them when they are gone.
-George Eliot
(Thanks, Patti for this last one!)

http://quoththerav3.blogspot.com/
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rune Eide said...

What else could it in the US? :-)

(Maybe President - congratulations!!)

Dragonstar said...

This is a lovely, colourful P post. I love Piggy Pumpkin!
I think it's great that you've inspired this young man. He's taken beautiful photos because of you. There are days when I take all sorts of photos, and nothing works out. Some days are like that. Then there are the days when everything seems to go right. All you need is some bright light and sunshine. It's great for lifting the gloom of the spirit.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Runee. And thank YOU Dragonstar for the compliment and what you wrote. It is good to know I am not the only one who's photos don't turn out as we'd like. I think I am over this now. I certainly just enjoyed my ride to work without trying to take pics. Thanks again for your kind words.

PERBS said...

I like your piggy pumpkin too!