Thursday, June 21, 2007

Weird Coincidences, There Be Dragons, Quotes, Searching for Becky Again, Foiled

I am now reading the third book in the Aisling Gray, Guardian novel, Light My Fire by Katie MacAllister. The male dragon, Drake, keeps refering to Aisling (Ashling), who is his mate as "Mate". The word mate kept popping up more than once while playing Bookworm yesterday and today. Coincidence? Then I read the part where Aisling was run through her middle with a sword by another dragon from a warring sect. Being a dragon's mate, she is immortal, besides she is the main character and cannot die or be killed off. At least I hope not! After reading this part, I accidentally knocked my ice tea in a styrofoam cup off my desk onto the floor. My straw had pierced through the bottom of the cup, but it was lying sideways so no liquid was flowing freely forth onto the carpet! I thought why is this familiar? What has come all the way through something recently? Then I rememebered... what I'd just read. Weird. "Twillight Zone" theme playing now.

Since reading these books, the words "there be dragons" keep coming to mind.

Quotes of the Day:

Look well into thyself;
there is a source of strength
which will always spring up
if thou wilt always look there.
-Marcus Antonius-

Look not to into thyself for strength
Look to the Lord.
He will provide all the strength you need
to get through anything.
Look to thy friends
for comfort, support and love.
Look to me
for all the laughter
you need.
~Becky Bristow Voyles~
June 15, 2007

(Sent that to my friend Bob.)

I had to face the facts,
I was pear-shaped...
I hate pears!
~Charlotte Bingham~

Not all closed doors are locked. -unknown-

You know you are bored at work when you go on the internet searching for yourself!
~Becky Bristow Voyles~

My eyes are an ocean in which my dreams are reflected.
~Anna M. Uhlich~
(This was a quote used on a beautiful black and white photograph of a girl by Becky D. Voyles. I saw no picture of Becky.)

There was some ghost site in the Carolinas that had pictures of its memembers with a brief description about them. One of them was a Becky Voyles. Of course I had to see what she looked like... but she was nothing like me. What would I have done if I'd seen myself staring back at me? Scream? She was older, grayer and heavier-set than myself. The weird coincidence was she was originally from Indiana. Now I can't remember the name of the website. I printed it out along with another email for Don. This one was beneath the email. When Don read it, he asked what is your name doing on here? I explained what I discovered in my boredom. He said, "I thought you'd already searched for yourself." I had. But I found something new. Well, sort of.

... my cup runneth over... Psalm 23:5
"with thoughts of you, prayers for you and thankfulness that you are my friend."
~Becky Bristow Voyles~

Trust in what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go.
~Natalie Goldberg~

Well, I have shared with you the crazy names people have come up with for Voyles in the past. Today's mispronunciation "took the cake and the candles too" as my friend Penny would say. Today I was called "Foils". Curses. Foiled again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have infer from a only one of the articles on your website at this very moment, and I really like your fashionableness of blogging. I added it to my favorites entanglement period muster and disposition be checking back soon. Please report register out of order my position as highly and fail me conscious what you think. Thanks.