Thursday, June 7, 2007

My Husband, My Knight in Shining Armor, Appreciate the calm, THE ACID, Perfect Quote of the Day

When I told my husband about what my cuz had done to me, first read him the email about the bored man @ Walmart which Don laughed about. He thought it was funny & found nothing wrong with it as every other normal person did. He said he'd send him an email saying, " You may be my cousin but you have no sense of humor so I won't be sending you any more emails." I knew that wouldn't go over well. It would only add gas to his embers and there was no telling what he might do in retalliation. Then I told him I'd deleted Mike's email address from all my internet sources as well as my life. Don also told me he would say somthing to my cuz if we went to the surprise party for my uncle. It made me feel good that my husband would stand up for me as he should. Like my knight in shining armor. Sigh. Then I got to thinking..., if Don caused a scene, is that any worse than Mike ruining it for everyone? The family would be mad at Don instead of Mike who caused all this in the first place. So maybe we shouldn't go. But what if this is my uncle last birthday?

Rhett has a birthday party prior to the surprise party, but they will be on the same side of town. Mom could call me on my cell phone to tell me if my cuz is there or not. I sort of think he won't be, but then he probably would be there just to confront me, cause trouble & spoil it for everyone. What to do, what to do? This certainly has made me appreciate the nice, calm days in our lives more.

This morning, the acid in my stomach projected up like projectile vomit into my throat, scalding and burning the roof of my mouth. That awful stuff was in my tummy? Then I remembered... the book I am reading about dragons You Slay Me by Katie McAlister and how she kissed the dragon man. She was nearly engulfed in flames within her body. Only she is his mate. Being a guardian, her mind opened a door which held the secret as well as her ability to send the flames right back at him, much to his shock. That's how he knew she was his mate. Now I am not saying I am a dragon here... Just full of acid from the previous day's events. Luckily I bought Zantac yesterday.

My friend Kevin posted this, The Perfect Quote of the Day on the bullentin board at work:

Getting back up after a knock or two is the real road to victory - it shows your true fire and determination to cross the finish line.
~Kimberly Adamson~

I thanked Kevin for this quote. He replied back and said I "need to be more protective of my buttons."

So I am going to quote him...

"I hope your day is better than just better."
-Kevin Aker-

Today I am so thankful for my friends who support me.
~Becky Bristow Voyles~

No comments: