Friday, January 28, 2011

On Another Artist Roll

I am on another artistic roll.... I finished my doodle yesterday. I put on make up for the 1st time in awhile for the artist guild meeting. I wore the new necklace Kristina gave me for Christmas. I took my doodle with me to show my new artistic abstract friend Bobby Jones. He said it looked like something he would do.

The art meeting was interesting and inspiring. Diane Osborne paints houses in the Columbus, Ft. Benning area as well as all over the world. She has lead such an artful, creative life. She is an excellent speaker also.

After the meeting, I showed my doodle to Yuri, a colored pencil artist who has won awards. Bobby has also. Yuri liked my doodle. He paid me the best compliment. He said he'd like to have it! He suggested getting copies made at a printing place. I took his advice. When we left the meeting, I went over to Office Max and made some. They turned out really well except the flesh colored tones did not show up. I can add them to each copy. I had it shrunk down to fit on piece of cream colored linen textured paper. It looked really good on it, but by shrinking it, some things were cut off. The colors alterd a bit as well. So it would probably look good placed on a matt that color. The guy at Office Max who helped me really liked it. I told him it took me months to do it. While there I got one of those Kangaroo keepers for my purse cheaper than they advertise it on tv! It was $9.99. I also got a green alligator business card holder on sale for either $1.79 instead of $5.99 or 79 cents!I can't remember now. Still it was a better price.

We went to the store for my folks, got something for a late supper. After I ate, I carved what I thought would be a zebra design on an art gum eraser. It was really easy to do with a pair of scissors. I used my zebra skirt as an example to go by only it didn't turn out exactly like a zebra print! It is just a design. I stamped it repeatedly on a piece of notebook paper. It was just ok. Nothing to jump up and down about, but still art. Finished art at that. I used a blue marker to join some of the lines together. I trimmed it down to my liking. I figure it will be a background for something some day....

So I feel pretty good today. Once again my art made me very happy. Plus we get to wear jeans again of Friday at work!

I tried a Zataranin's shrimp alfredo. As Mr. Food would say... "It is so good!" Almost as good as the crab or shrimp alfredo at Red Lobster. I am just a walking addvertiser today! LOL

Hope your day is going well and you have a great weekend doing things you love to do. If it involves art, all the better.

Please check out my friend and author Lyn's blog...
http://lyndnielsen.authorweblog.com/default.asp?date=new&permid=35932

2 comments:

Paulie said...

You sound in good spirits. Still waiting for the photos you promised. . .

becky aka theRAV said...

Yes, I am in better spirits, Paulie. Opps. I almost forgot.