Friday, December 15, 2006

When I got off work yesterday, I stopped by mom's to wrap 4 Christmas presents. 2 for Rhett, 2 for Don. We chatted while she watched me wrap. She didn't offer to "help", offer her suggestions or move the paper as she did the last time when I was wrapping her gift to Rhett. She wanted to do it her way & I wanted to do it mine. Neither the twane shall meet. I got mad because she made me mess up. If she would have left me alone, I would have been fine. When I brought the gifts in our house, they had no gift tags on them. Rhett asked who they were for. I told him I wasn't sure yet. He told me I knew who they were for! Of course I did!

Haven't had much of an appetite lately since I'd been sick. I have a new script for something called QDALL which I haven't started taking yet. Went on line to see the side effects. It may give me dry mouth. Wonderful! I have to take it once a day for 30 days. I guess I am waiting til we go to Indy since we will be staying up in the dusty, old attic that the windows are only opened when we go up in the summer.

Our tree is up with a single bear hanging on it. Rhett got tired of waiting on us to put it together so he put the branches up himself. Mr. Independent. One part broke off so 3 bottom branches couldn't go up. He cried. I didn't get upset about it which is surprising. I've had the tree since high school so we have gotten our money's worth out of it. Don did glue it back together. Hope it holds. If not, we'll turn the tree to the window. It just means less ornaments can go up. We probably have enough ornaments for 3 trees! I am hoping we can get a new one on sale on the way back from Indy the day after Christmas. Don asked me last night if we were going to decorate 7 days before Christmas. I told him, "Yep!" Don worked on his Christmas cards last night before going to bed. At 1st he couldn't find his letters I'd printed for him. What did this man ever do before we got married?

I have this picture of Rhett taken on Halloween that I wanted to use as our cards this year. Got to find that & get them printed like yesterday. Mike E is having a party this weekend which I am so looking forward to... my cousin Mike will be there. Haven't seen him in years. Can't remember when the last time I saw him. Hope he acts like a normal human being. I still remember... how we got into a very loud discussion where he'd had too much to drink at W. D. Crowley's and decided to blame my mom and me for everything he thought we did wrong in life up to that point. I just knew my Daddy would have to bail me out of jail that night, but luckily he didn't. I do have a vampire book and some magnets I am giving my cuz this year. I had an extra copy of an L. A. Banks novel. I guess I am in the Christmas spirit of giving no matter what someone has done to me in the past which is a good thing.

I am going to condition my hair either tonight (which I doubt) or tomorrow. Exciting. It is beginning to look like straw. I have been using leave in conditioners when I get out of the shower because it saves me time. Its time to do something for myself...

Quotes of the Day:
"The past is never dead, it is not even past. -William Faulkner-

Choose red socks as your signature clothing item. -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-
(In case you didn't know, he is one of my favorite people to quote. He created these calendars called Life's Little Instruction Calendars. I discoverd him a few years ago. I had a book by him entitled Life's Little Instruction Book which I fell in love with. He inspired me to write my own quotes.

(All of you who know me know I would choose pink socks as my signature clothing item because it is my signature color.)

Try to wear a different pair of Christmas socks for the entire month of December. ~Becky, theRAV

Perhaps too much of a everything is as bad as too little. ~Edna Ferber~

I guess that is enough for now.

No comments: