Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I am trying this yet again... another blog for more than one reason... 1. in order to respond to Ink on My Fingers blog which I absolutelylove, recommend and visit faithfully each day. 2. To possibly respond to Awsome Abby's blog via this way rather than thru the quotability site as AOL email. 3. To be able to post on Garry Betty's blog. Gary is a fellow high schooler who was just recently diagnosed with a rare form of kidney cancer.

So now I have two blogs, possibly more... I have another one out there just haning in limbo waiting for my words... but I can't remember my passwords which means I have far too many of them. I wrote these down. I guess that means I am getting old.

Today I have several concerns... My best friend Penny, who had breast cancer earlier this year, lost her father yesterday. I just cannot imagine it. She had called me yesterday, but my 8 year old could only tell me a "Kimmy called". I know no Kimmy's or Timmy's. He didn't tell me this til after 9 pm. He said she asked him about his ukelelee. I got motherly defensive when I asked, "Who knows you have one?" He told me she said she gave it to him. A light bulb comes on inside my head. Penny's mom actually handed it to him so I thought it was her calling. If I had not been involved in a tv program, a red light should have went off. So I feel bad that I did not call Margie or Penny now. Penny sent me an email about it.

Last night I wrapped 7 Christmas presents before going to bed. The news was on as I was preparing my nightly rituals before going off to la-la land. I was standing in the kitchen when I heard about a bank robbery and recognized the robber's name. It was my friend Patti's son who was badly burned in an explosion at work in New Orleans earlier this year. I had my entire church and email buddies praying for his recovery and it was working, too! I went back into living room only to see his picture on the tv screen. My husband thinks because his worker's comp wasn't paying for his next surgery, he decided to take matters into his own hands. Now he has ruined his life.

All I can think of his is his poor mother who is my friend and one of THE sweetest women you will ever meet. I just feel for her although I can't imagine what she is going thru at this time. I'd just sent her son a get well card yesterday. Also I'd try to call her on Friday because it was the work Christmas party and I wanted to see if she was going to it. All I can do is still be her friend; still be there for her if she needs me.

So today is a weird sort of day... Make me feel as if I have been sideswiped with bad things happening whereas my friends must feel as if they were struck with a Mack truck that backed up on them and ran back over them again! I know if this actually happening in reality.

2 comments:

Susannah Conway said...

hey Becky! thanks for your sweet comment - it's so lovely to find new bloggie friends and readers ;-) i'll pop back again to see if you've been posting regularly :-) x

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks for replying. It made my day!