Thursday, October 18, 2012

Rear Ended

Life was very busy being a band mom much less being a daughter, mother and the Dad the last two weeks. My life and art dreams were put aside so that my son could live his dreams being in his high school marching band. I was tired but I survived. Even the out of town band contest where I felt more than my age, discovered that it is nearly impossible to sleep on a school bus. Tired and very ill tempered last Sunday. No amount of sleep could catch me up. Hubby returned home safely and we were thankful.

Then it was back to the busy band routine of who picks him up what day only to be changed again by the band director on Monday! Such is the life of a band. Life had it's maddening moments but I got over some of them even though I was still mad. I am a mom dealing with a teenager now and I know this is only the beginning of a long road ahead. I have had to be the mean mom but I am thankful to be a mom; his mom. He really is a good kid and I love him with all my heart.

So you are going down this busy road that is now your life when BOOM! Out of nowhere you get hit. This morning I was headed to work when I got rear ended. I screamed!!! Still shaking from it. Thankfully no one was hurt. My car was okay but the poor girl that hit me has an even harder road ahead of her. Her brakes failed then her car wouldn't start. The policeman had to help her move it aside. She had to get someone to take her kid to school or the cop would have driven them. She will have to pay a fine now and probably cannot afford it. But we were okay. I am thankful.

Other drivers were very rude. One tow truck even yelled at the girl to get out of the road! A lady I went to high school was the only one who asked if we were alright. Later I called her personally to thank her for doing that small thing that meant more to me and the girl who rear ended me rather than thank her in an email. I told Cheryl that was her good deed for the day.

Wake up call. Take nothing for granted. Be thankful to still be here; alive. Be thankful Someone was watching out for you. Always pray and be thankful for safe journeys. Never take them for granted.   What are you thankful for this week? Care to share? Then please join us at the following...
http://womentakingastand.blogspot.com/
where Laurie had a wonderful post about a perfect life. I wish! LOL

No comments: