Friday, February 1, 2008

"Amberlaine"



"Amberlaine"

Golden songs are haunting skies over heaven again
as well as the castle keep.
Even the angels weep
at their beauty.
Lady Amberlaine arrives
strumming her sitar
that came from afar,
playing seductive and soul-stirring notes
she wrote last night for her lover, her husband, her mate.
The only eerie part is that those songs are haunting
causing dauntless silence over the castle
where her Hugh awaits
at their secret meeting place.

The melodies hang in the air like lingering spirits
touching them as they long to touch
Would that she could play and make love at the same time.
Once again her music has wooed him to her arms
where he would remain always at her side.

As another perfect morning approaches,
the golden songs fade
in the light of day
into amber beginnings of burning love
that will warm them throughout the hours
until the music begins again that night.
Amberlaine will play
while Hugh awaits.
~theRAV~

I found this card yesterday and fell in love with it. My friend Patti called me this morning to talk and get things that had been weighing heavily on her sweet heart. She told me she'd pray for my Uncle Bert and I told her I'd pray for young Nathan who was shot in the eye with a BB gun. After hanging up, I took the cards out of my BIG bag, still trying to come up with an unusual name for the lady on the card. I knew I wanted something with amber in it due to the colors. Amberlaine came to me. I went to McCabe's blog http://dancingmermaid.com/blog/2008/01/31/fee-good-people/ where she had 22 ways to feel more magical. I had unknowingly done 3 of them before I read her post. I did not call a pal, but she called me so I still consider it the same thing. "#14. go buy the most beautiful card you can find, send it to someone who values your heart..." Went there. Did that. Sent it to Patti. Now I am sharing it with you.

This morning I did try to take some sky photos for a sky watch site I discovered yesterday. Not noteworthy photos were taken.

I finally admitted to someone I was having problems with my computer who helped me some, but it is still doing the same thing. The good news is I was able to get into my blog from Picasa, turn photos the right way and post all this good stuff today.

I went to e-muse again and created this poem to fit the card. I have one more really good photo to post.

Will get Rhett's hair trimmed today & mom's hair cut after work.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: