Monday, August 27, 2007

ARK

"Evan Almighty" was a very good movie in my opinion. I noticed immediately the reference to Gen 6:14 in The Bible and pointed it out to Don. Yes, I am one of those people who talks in movies! I'm even worse at home.

It was awesome when they showed ALL the animals standing together side by side and then when they went up into the ark, it brought tears to my eyes. Just think of what it must have felt like for Noah. As the animals were entering the ark, I am thinking what are they going to feed them? Don gave me food for thought... in the Bible there were 7 of some animals to provide food for the others. So I learned something tonight.

There were several messages in this movie. One I'd completely forgotten about... I think I saw it on January's blog over a year ago. Its about Random Acts of Kindness. Practice at least one Random Act of Kindness daily. A good message to live by.

Then art imitated our life again as we were leaving. It was raining when we came out of the theatre which was weird considering the theme of the movie!

When we got home, Rhett and I played air hockey without keeping score. Afterwards I worked some more on my postcards as Rhett watched a video of himself from when he was two. So cute with his curls like a cherub and jabbering away nonsense only he understood. Such chubby cheeks. It made me want to pinch them. His first haircut by Don. Rhett was just awful and we have it on tape. I finally had to hold him in order for Don to finish. Then Don was holding him up to the bathroom mirror so he could see the results. His tears turned to smiles. My mom was so mad at us for cutting his hair.

No comments: