Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Barbie, Signs

I had not written in my Gratitude journal in awhile; over a month to be exact. Just because I did not write in it, doesn't mean I am not grateful. I have had many, many things to be grateful for lately. I was blogging it all my blog instead. Then I realized... I do NOT have to blog every day. I can always catch up to myself later. Lately it seemed I was only putting eventful things on my blog like the matter of my crazy cousin. Its about not putting "today was a total waste of make-up" type things even if it may be true.

I'd re-read my blog back to the 1st of this year. Six months of my life on printed pages. I found my blog funny if I do say so myself. At least I appreciate my sense of humor and am grateful for it. It has kept me sane all these years. I crack myself up at times.

Today I saw where a lady sheriff had a Barbie similar to the one my cousin Barbara gave me. I couldn't tell from the photo if it was red-headed like my Barbie from 1961. I emailed the lady tellilng her I had one similar to it and thanked her for bringing back those wonderful memories from my childhood. A carefree time in my life with no responsiblities whatsoever. Just dressing up my dolls. She told me her doll had "auburn" hair. I told her I'd pick it up after work. Even I thought it was a bit odd that I would be buying another Barbie doll I didn't need when I haven't opened the trunk holding mine in ages. Going through my second childhood, perhaps? I didn't have $15 on me so I had to stop to get some more money which should have been a sign... I was having a literal bad hair day anyway. I left the lady's phone # at work or threw it away. Another sign...? So I go all the way downtown up to the Sheriff's office only find the Barbie had dark brown hair in a pony tail! Margie pointed out she was only a reproduction. That was my final sign. The one that said I really did not need to buy her and save my money.

Got gas on the way home to mom's & the fumes go in my eyes really, really bad. So bad that I had to pull over until my eyes stopped pouring water.

I made a neat new discovery today.... a lady who works in accounting is into paranormal books like myself. We had a good conversation about that subject. I told her its nice to know there is someone else out there like me! Although we mostly talk on the phone, there is something about her that has often reminded me of Pam who used to work @ JCP. Pam was a "treker" and loved Stephen King. She'd even said she was going to have his love child! Pam and I went to a "con" in Atlanta once upon a lifetime ago. It was a science fiction convention. Marc Singer was one of the actors speaking there. I got an autographed color picture of him in his loincloth from the movie "Beastmaster". I also got some "Dark Shadows" buttons and a "Beauty and the Beast" button of Vincent from that tv series. Good times.

My mind has been so much on Friday and going to 6 Flags that Mom had to remind me tomorrow is my parent's 54th anniversary. Where is my mind?

Quotes of the Day:

Be yourself; no base imitator of another, but your best self.
There is something which you can do better than another.
Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that.
Do the things at which you are great,
not what you were never made for.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Don't dwell on what went wrong.
Instead, focus on what to do next.
Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.
-Denis Waitley-

No comments: